- This event has passed.
Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle
May 13 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Welcome to the Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle hosted by the Brisbane Paddling Club on the 13th of May.
The Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle is the first race of the Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series.
The Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series will bring the Queensland Ocean Racing community together across four events from May to September starting with the Brisbane Paddling Clubs’ Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle, the Mooloolaba Paddlers Nordic Kayaks Beach to Beach Ocean Race, the Paddle Queensland 14 Beaches Ocean Race and finishing with the Fraser Coast Regional Councils’ Hervey Bay Ocean Classic.
For 2023 the Pacific Coast Ocean Racing Series Champions will be awarded to the top three paddlers based on their final Series ranking. Bonus points will be awarded to paddlers travelling between regions and volunteering, with double points on offer for the 14 Beaches (AORS) State Championships.
The Moreton Bay Ocean Paddle will start from the Nudgee Boat Ramp and head South East to the turning buoy before heading North East on an 11 km downwind run to the finish line at the Pelician Park Boat Ramp. Course Map.
Race Fees: Single Craft
Early Bird: $45 for PQ Members, $65 for Non-members (Closes 1159pm 6th May)
Standard: $55 for PQ Members, $75 for Non-members (Closes 1159pm 10th May)
Race Fees: Double Craft
Early Bird: $35 for PQ Members, $55 for Non-members (Closes 1159pm 6th May)
Standard: $45 for PQ Members, $65 for Non-members (Closes 1159pm 10th May)\
Registrations: Each paddler must be registered separately.
Individual: Please select (Single) when registering in a Single Craft Class.
Double/Mixed: Please select (Double) when registering in a Double/Mixed Craft Class.
Surf Ski, Spec Ski, Outrigger Canoe, Stand Up Paddle Board, Stand Up Paddle Foil Board
Age Groups: You must be 15 by the event date to compete.
Junior (15-18), Under 23 (19-22), Senior (18+), Masters (35-39), (40-44), (45-49), (50-54),
(55-59), (60+). Age brackets may be combined based on entries received.
1. Single or Double
2. Men, Women or Mixed
3. Surf Ski, Spec Ski, Outrigger Canoe, Stand Up Paddle Board or Stand Up Paddle Foil Board.
Event day registration:
10am – 11am at the finish line (Pelican Park boat ramp)
12:00pm Wave 1 – SUP + SUP-F
12:15pm Wave 2 – OC
12:30pm Wave 3 – Ski’s
Safety: By entering you agree to:
1. Surf and Spec Skis MUST wear a PFD style jackets and a leash.
2. Outrigger Canoes MUST wear inflatable bum bag style PFD and leash.
3. Stand Up Paddle and Foil Board paddlers MUST wear a leash at all times.
4. All paddlers MUST have a leash attached when in the water and wear a HI VIS shirt/singlet.
5. Carrying a mobile phone and flares are recommended.
As part of goals to improve the registration process, each paddler will be required to create a webscorer account in 2023. Key reasons for this decision include:
• Enables the option to allow participants to edit their own entry after registering
• Ensures consistent name spelling across multiple events (required for results series)
• Saves time for the participant to sign up for your next event