Paddle Queensland presents a number of awards to recognise individuals and clubs that have made a significant contribution to paddling.
2024 Award Categories
The following categories will be open to receive a members own nomination, or a nomination on behalf of a member for events held between:
1st July 2023 to 30th June 2024.
- Paddler of the Year (Junior/Open/Master)*
- Club Coach of the Year*
- Instructor/Guide of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club of the Year
- Event of the Year
- Photo of the Year
- Video of the Year
- Canoe Sprint Paddler of the Year
- Canoe Marathon Paddler of the Year
- Canoe Polo Paddler of the Year
- Canoe Ocean Racing Paddler of the Year
- Paracanoe Paddler of the Year
- Canoe Sprint Club Coach of the Year
- Canoe Marathon Club Coach of the Year
- Canoe Polo Club Coach of the Year
- Canoe Ocean Racing Club Coach of the Year
- Paracanoe Club Coach of the Year
*Due to the range of disciplines Paddle Queensland members participate in the Junior, Open and Master Paddler/Club Coach of the Year Awards will now recognise and Award the outstanding achievements of both Male and Female members who compete/coach across the disciplines of Canoe Sprint, Canoe Marathon, Canoe Polo, Canoe Ocean Racing and Paracanoe.
Progression to the Junior, Open and Master/Club Coach of Year Awards:
The highest scoring Male and Female Discipline Paddler/Coach nominees will be Awarded their respective Discipline Paddler/Coach or the Year Awards and progress to their respective Junior, Open and Master Paddler/Club Coach of the Year Awards as a Finalist.
The highest overall scoring Male/Female Discipline Paddler/Coach of the Year Award Winner, will also be Awarded the respective Junior, Open and Master
Paddler/Club Coach of the Year Award.
2024 Awards Key Dates:
Nominations Close: Wednesday, 31st July
Finalists Announced: Saturday, 31st August
Winners Announced: Saturday, 21st September at the SYC Oxenford Watersports Centre from 2pm. More details to come.
Award nominees must be members of Paddle Queensland as defined by the Constitution which consists of:
1. Affiliated Clubs of Paddle Queensland
2. Life Members of Paddle Queensland
3. Individual Members of Paddle Queensland
4. Registered Instructors, Guides, Coaches or Officials who reside in Queensland
5. Other categories of Members approved by resolution of Paddle Queensland Board.
Paddle Queensland members who also serve the Queensland paddlesports community as either a Technical Committee Member or on the Board of Directors are also eligible to nominate or be nominated.
Click here to view/download the Paddle Queensland Awards Criteria.
1. The Awards Judging Panel will consist of a minimum three (3) judges and a maximum of five (5) judges who will be appointed by Paddle Queensland.
2. An Awards Judging Panel Chair will also be appointed to work with the Awards Judging Panel team and prepare the results for the Executive Officer.
3. The Executive Officer will confirm all nominee eligibility requirements are met.
4. Eligible nominations will only be considered by the Awards Judging Panel.
5. Judges will review and contact the nominee to gain a greater understanding of the nomination and Award points using a rating scale between Zero to Five.
One (1) equals a poor performance and Five (5) equals an outstanding performance. Zero (0) points will be awarded to the Nominee when the Award Category Criteria is not addressed.
6. Judges will utilise the Category Criteria as outlined for each Award and other relevant information, including but not limited to published results, news and submissions to information, including but not limited to published results, news and submissions to determine the most suitable recipient of the Award.
7. The Judging Panel decision is final. Discussions will not be entered into.
Please contact us for award winners from previous years.