On Saturday the 23rd of September Paddle Queensland hosted the 2023 Annual Awards recognising and celebrating the outstanding achievements of the community. Over forty members from across the State ca...
After testing the proposed SE course today in similar conditions to tomorrow, we have made the decision to run a two lap (7 km) course along the bay to provide the best paddling conditions with presentations from 3:30pm on the Hervey Bay SLSC deck.
Hervey Bay Ocean Classic Registration and Mandatory Safety Equipment Inspections:
Registrations and mandatory Safety equipment (PFD and leash) inspections will be held at the Hervey Bay Surf Life Saving Club between 1100 and 1230.
Once inspection of your mandatory equipment has been completed, your race chip and number will be provided and written on your left hand.
By entering the 2023 Hervey Bay Ocean Classic you agree to the following:
1. You understand the risks associated with Ocean Racing and acknowledge your responsibilities to help a distressed
2. You will comply with the mandatory safety equipment rules of:
a. Wear a Jacket style HiVis PFD
b. ALWAYS attach a leash to you and to your craft when on the water
c. Wear a HiVis hat and shirt
d. Ensure you are hydrated with plenty of water/fluids
e. If you bring a Mobile phone ensure it is in a waterproof case
• Paddle Queensland strongly recommends that competitors are hydrated before, during and after the race.
• Competitors should be Sun Safe, including wearing appropriate clothing and sunscreen.
• Footwear is strongly recommended.
• There is no storage or transport of craft provided at the race start and finish areas.
• The security of all equipment is the responsibility of each competitor.
Please note all timing chips need to be returned at the finish line
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow from 1100am for registration.
Yours in paddling,
Race Director and Executive Officer
I'm putting my 4x tickets up for sale
Who needs tickets 🎟 ?
Won't be able to attend anymore 😥 plans changed