Dates: Saturday 5 February & Sunday 6 February 2022
Venue: Lake Kawana, Kawana Sports Complex, Sunshine Coast
ENTRIES OPEN: Tuesday 14 December 2021
ENTRIES CLOSE: Midnight on Wednesday 26 January 2022
Entries will only be accepted via the online entry system:
|Entry Fees||Early Bird Rate
(Until 19 Jan 2021)
(20 Jan to 26 Jan 2021)
All fees must be paid prior to race day.
Late entries (after 26 January 2021) will only be accepted by the competition manager, and it will also be subject to lane availability. All late entries will be charged an extra $50 in addition to the standard rate.
2022 Ages Category
|U10||Born 2012, 2013, 2014|
|U12||Born 2010, 2011|
|U14||Born 2009, 2008|
|U16||Born 2007, 2006|
|U18||Born 2005, 2004|
|U21||Born 2001, 2002, 2003|
|Open||Born 1998, 1999, 2000|
|Masters 35, 45, 55, 65||Born from 1986. Age groups may be amalgamated depending on number of entrants.|
Changes will be communicated via the Paddle Queensland website, social media pages and email. Please ensure you frequency check the above for the latest information.
- The age you are as of 31st December 2022 determines your age group.
Example 1: if you are 14 for the duration of 2022 you are in U14s
Example 2: if you turn 15 at any point in 2022 (pre or post event) you are in U16s
- Age groups may be amalgamated according to the entries received.
- Paddlers may only enter into one age category for K1 and K2 in each distance.
- Paddlers may race in a higher age group.
- Subject to amalgamations:
- Junior in a crew boat events must race in the age category of the oldest paddler.
Masters in a crew boat events must race in the age category of the youngest paddler.
- 14 years and under will not race 1000m.
- K4 1000m race will be a club event only – All seats must from the same club.
- K4 races will not be open to U10, U12, U14, TK1s. An U12 athlete can form part of an older crew.
- Paddlers can only paddle one class of craft K’s or TK’s per age group, per distance.
- Juniors are only able to race in one age group per distance.
- Running of events is dependent on entries and may be amalgamated.
Any question, please contact Paddle Queensland on email@example.com